Spinach and Ricotta Bites

Puff pastry is one of the thing that I haven't master yet. I've tried few recipes but I didn't like the results. So I always end up buying from the store. And being in Korea, make it more difficult to get you hand on it. Late last year, one of the Foreign Mart or we call it 'exotic' shop carry this item, but in mini size, well beggar can't be choosers isn't it. I did stock up few packets until i ran out.

This morning, as I did my weekly shopping in my local "exotic" shop, i saw a big pack of puff pastry. Grab it, and did asked if this is savory or sweet pastry. It turn out to be savory. I already made some menu in my head..spinach and ricotta tart. Something meatless.

Back home, I posted in French speaking FB page. As I know lot of the french expat looking for this. And I promised to make some review.

Spinach and Ricotta Bites

Ingredients:
1 pack puff pastry, thawed and keep chilled
1 large bunch of spinach, trimmed and roughly chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 eggs
 Salt and pepper

Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. 

Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, saute until softened, add garlic, cook until fragrant. Add spinach, stir until wilted. Transfer to a colander. Set aside to cool.

Combine spinach mixture with eggs and cheese, add salt and pepper. 

Unroll dough on work surface, cut into squares. Place spoonful of spinach mixture on top of the dough, gently pressing the filling.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm




Comments