Bingka Ubi Kayu

One of my favourite kuih. Been wanting to make this for ages but never really got the courage to do it. Or maybe because I'm scared that I will eat the whole thing without sharing with anybody else.

Bingka ubi kayu or Tapioca Cake, as the name indicate, made from grated tapioca, coconut milk, sugar and bit of salt. It's gluten free and wasn't that difficult to do it (i thought it was until i saw the recipe...duhhh)


Bingka Ubi Kayu (Cassava Cake)

1 kg peeled and grated tapioca tubers
300 g fine sugar
400 ml thick coconut milk
40 g melted butter
1/4 tsp salt

Peel and chop the tapioca tubers, you can grate it or use blender (i used this method, which is much easier and safer for my little fingers). Weigh the grated/blended tapioca.

Place the tapioca in a strainer set over a bowl. Leave for at least 30 minutes to allow juices to drain. Discard the juices, Reserve the tapioca starch.

 In a big mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and stir well.

Preheat oven at 170C.

Pour into a greased baking tin and bake for at least 1 hour or until the top is well-browned.

Cool completely before cutting.



N.B: I have no idea how should I credit the recipe to the owner, as no one really owns. It can varies from each person/family.

Please accept my humble apologies if anybody out there think that I took/copy their recipe.

Comments