Chocolate Swirl Meringues

As end of the school year show approaching, we 'mum' will have this one important question in our mind..what are we going to prepare for the kermesse? Last year, as I was one of the main committee for the food table, I've proposed to prepared few dishes. And end up making curry puff, sausage rolls and chocolate coated marshmallow. It's all gone very fast, not only kids having fun with the buffet but the parents too.

But this year, I missed the initial meeting due to the surgery and stuck at home with my foot in the cast. Now two weeks after my cast was removed, I'm back to my old self, much to my family and friends delight.

So, what did I do for tomorrow kermesse? Something new of course. Though I've made few times, but not with this version of meringues. It does look pretty, just hope the taste too.

Chocolate Swirl Meringues

Basic Meringue Recipe from : West of the Loop, French Patisserie Meringues

Ingredients:
3 cups superfine sugar
10 oz egg whites, room temp 
1/2 tsp cream of tartar /white vinegar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
100 g melted dark chocolate

Preheat oven at 100 deg C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Beat the egg whites until soft peaks hold. Gradually add in cream of tartar or vinegar. Increase speed and whip until they form stiff peaks and glossy.

Drizzle melted chocolate on top of the meringue mixture. Do not mix. 

Spoon out the meringue onto the baking sheet and bake for 2 hours until firms.

Store meringues in an airtight container.



Comments