Butter Chicken and Strawberry Mousse Entremet for Eid Celebration

The Eid celebration fall again during week day and once again kids got a day off..well, we took them out from school with their teachers approval of course. Unfortunately both of them were sick and we had to leave them at home when we went to the Eid prayer. We are not letting them contaminate everyone in the prayer's hall of course. 

Back home after the breakfast, kids asked me what did I prepare for lunch, but they were especially excited to see that I have prepared a dessert. An entremet to be precise. My first time ever making this complicated and tedious dessert but worth it.

For lunch I prepared some butter chicken and naan. Something different from our usual meat couscous or ketupat and rendang. 

All I can say that we had a nice and quiet family time yesterday.

Strawberry Mousse Entremet with Joconde Imprime

For the Joconde Imprime (Joconde Striped Biscuit), I follow this recipe as it came with photo tutorial:

And for the Strawberry Mousse Entremet, I follow all the steps from this:

Both recipes came with photo tutorial


I'm not too sure what have I done wrong, the topping didn't stay hard enough though I have followed the recipe religiously. And not to forget I didn't add the sugar in the mousse preparation that I blame solely to the migraine attack I had that day. Shouldn't start anything when you have headache let alone migraine.

I had to served the cake with some strawberry sauce. Luckily nobody complained about that. 




Butter Chicken and Naan 


Again, I follow almost everything except that I reduced the chili and omit the bay leaves as I can't find where did I put it..silly me..otherwise, it came out pefectly as we love it.





Comments