Geography theme birthday cakes

These was one of the reason that I didn't do any updates lately..been very busy with few public holidays here in Korea and I was busy running here and there doing chores.

Early this week, a friend of mine ordered 2 birthday cakes for her twin boys and the order was quite out of this world. Never in my mind that I would have accept this challenge..and I was quite happy with the results although I know I have a lot more to learn..

Here, I made a basic pound cake one with chocolate and the other is vanilla. Covered with thick ganached and marshmallow fondant. The toughest part was making the world map..which I had to finished it with a toothpick.

After the party, I got the feedback from the parents, they are happy that I managed to make the cakes as they wanted and the boys was so proud to show off their birthday cakes to their friends. And I'm so happy that I managed to do these even though I wasn't really sure in the beginning if I could do it

Comments