Cinnamon Monkey Bread Pull-apart

I've been wanting to do this brioche for quite sometimes and only today I tell myself that i have to do it. I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Maybe I was a bit intimidate with the idea that I will have to prepare the dough, then the sauce. Sounds like too much work for me.

There's too many recipes in Pinterest and most of it using a store-bought dough or even pizza dough. Until I found a quite simple recipe using brioche dough.

I tweaked a bit the recipe, instead of let it rise in the microwave, i just let it rise normally in the oven for a couples of hours.

Cinnamon Monkey Bread Pull-apart

Ingredients:
For the dough
310 ml milk, hot
1 packet instant yeast
470 g flour
50 g sugar
55g butter, melted
1 large egg, room temp
1 tsp salt

For the sauce:
225 g butter, melted
220 g brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon powder

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in a 1/4 cup of hot milk and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix milk, sugar, salt, melted butter and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add the yeast mixture. Add in the remaining flour and mix until the dough start to form a bowl. 

Remove from the bowl onyo a floured aurface and knead for a few minutes. Place the dough in a bowl and cover. 

Let it rise until it double the volume.

Prepare the sauce. In a sauce pan, melt the butter, then add cinnamon and sugar. Keep aside.

Once the dough has risen, remove the dough from the bowl and punch down the dough. 

Preheat oven at 180°C.

Pour about few spoons of the sauce into the bottom of bundt pan. 

Form dough into a small balls and cover the bottom of the pan using half of the dough. Pour half of the sauce over the balls. Continue  to layer the pan and pour the remaining sauce over the dough.

Bake the dough for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.

Remove from oven and let it rest for at least 5 minutes. Turn the bread on a large serving plate and serve.








Comments