Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil, Garlic and Dried Herbs


 Recently, I purchased a food dehydrator. I've been wanting to try to make on my own as the price of the sun dried tomatoes here can make my heart do the jumping jack every time I go through a cashier. I keep telling myself, this will be a good investment in a long term.

I've found few simple recipes on the net as my manual guide only written in Hangul (Korean written language), I brave my self to go ahead.

After few trial and error, I decide that the tomatoes need to be dried slowly for almost 12 hours to make a perfect dried tomatoes. 




Ingredients:
Tomatoes
Dried herbs
Good olive oil
Fresh Garlic
Himalayan Salt (optional)
Jars

Washed and dried the tomatoes. Cut the top core and cut to quarters.

Arrange the tomatoes quarters on the dehydrator trays, cut side up. Sprinkle with dried herbs.

Select the temperature about 55°C, as my tomatoes quarters was quite big, I set the timer around 12 hrs. After few hours, turn the tomatoes over. At this point, some of the quarters would have been dry, remove this from the tray and continue drying the rest.

Place the dried tomatoes in a clean jar, sprinkle some dried herbs, salt and sliced garlic. Fill the jar with olive oil until the top or completely cover the tomatoes. Seal tightly and store, refrigerated.  






Comments