Homemade Mustard

Few days ago, i was given a bottle of yellow mustard seeds. I took the bottle and had look at it..what can I do with this? I'm familiar with black mustard seeds but not yellow. What can I do with it?

All the google and pinterest search leads me to homemade mustard. I guess I should give a try then.

After comparing few recipes, I opted for a recipe without mustard powder as I just wanted to use only ingredients that I have in the pantry.


Ingredients:
250 ml White Wine Vinegar, I used Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
180 g mustard seeds
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Water, as needed

Place mustard seeds and vinegar in a container, let it soak at room temperature for 1 day.

The next day, transfer the seeds and liquid to a blender.

Add in other ingredients except water.
Purée until smooth, adding water little by little to thin the mixture.

Transfer to an airtight cobtainer and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 days before using.

Recipe were taken from Serious Eat, Spicy Brown Mustard

Comments