Cranberry Almond Granola Bars



Other Half asked me if I could buy some cereal bars for his weekly cycling, which I replied yes promptly ..but while I browsing the aisle, looking for something that he might like, i'm wondering..why I don't do it my self? It might no be cheaper but at least i know what i put in my granola bars.

But let me tell you something..it's worth waiting for at least a  few hours or until the granola completely cool down before cutting into bars..without entering the details, let say i've learned my lesson..


Ingredients:

2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
1/2 cup roasted almond, roughly chopped
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
6 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 tbsp salt

Heat oven to 180 deg C.

Coat baking pan evenly with cooking spray, set aside

In a large baking sheet, spread oats evenly. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for few minutes.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine peanut butter, oil, honey and salt; bring to boil for few minutes, stir constantly.

In a large bowl, mix oats, cranberries, almond, chocolate and coconut.

Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and toss well to coat. 

Press mixture into prepared baking pan, bake for about 13 minutes or until lightly brown.

Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting.

Once it's cool, cut into bars


Verdict: He loves it..









Comments