Homemade Flour Tortilla

It's Tex-Mex night tonight and I realised that I'm out of the tortilla and normally I always have an extra packet in the pantry..but not today. Dang. As I have promised everyone I guess I got to find the solution fast.

Of course, thanks to Google Search, I could just type the recipe and thousands of pages just open up in front of me..ok, not literally..sort of.

I found the one that quite simple and the one that don't use any lard. I don't know that lard is one of the ingredient needed for the recipe. However, I found the one that I want and now I got to be in action. The recipe were so simple basically you just dump everything in a mixer and let it mix itself

I ask Rayan to try the warm tortilla and he told me this is much better than store bought tortilla..bless you my darling..you know how win your mom's heart..


Homemade Flour Tortilla

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix all the dry ingredients, make well and add all the liquid ingredients. Mix well until the dough turn into a soft ball.

Cover and leave aside for at least 30 minutes.

Divide the dough into equal sized balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough ball. You can make it thicker or thinner.

Heat a griddle or skillet (i just used normal frying pan) and place the rolled tortilla on the pan. Once it puff up, turn side and do the same, it will take less than a minute.

Place the tortilla in a kitchen towel to keep it warm.





Comments