Baked Falafel with Tahini Sauce

Life is hard when you are trying to be careful with what you eat and at the same time enjoying your food too. I love my food as much as I love to see the numbers on the weigh machine going down. After a week watching over my food intake, I decided to have a cheat day..or two..well, only for the weekend. But of course, it would be sucks to put on back unreasonably after those hard works.

That's why, I decided that I should  make this baked falafel and serve it with salads instead of pita bread. There's a lot of recipes out there on the web. Some says that do not used canned chickpeas, some says go ahead. And of course, I did the later. The result came out just the way I expected it to be. Just like the first time I had it on the road side stall in Amman 8 years ago. I fall in love with the falafel ever since.

 Baked Falafel and Tahini Sauce

Ingredients
2 canned chickpeas, drained
1 medium size onion, chopped roughly
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped roughly
Few sprigs of parsley and coriander
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper

Add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend it until it become fine paste. Remove the paste from blender, scoop the paste and form paste into a ball or in my case, i flattened it to make it easier to put it in the airfyer. 

Spray or brush the balls with olive oil, and arrange it in the airfyer basket and set it the temp to 180°C and bake it for about 10-15 minutes. Turning halfway through baking.


Tahini Sauce
Original Recipe:  Tori Avey's Tahini Sauce

1 cup tahini paste
(I made mine by roasting the sesame seeds and grind it with coffee grinder until it became very oily paste)
3/4 cup warm water
2 cloves garlic, remove the inner stem
1/4 cup lemon juice
A dash of cumin
Salt and pepper

Add all the ingredients in the food processor and blend it until it became thick and creamy mixture. Mine were quite liquidy, I guess I add to much water but it become eventually thick after I let it cool in the refrigerator.



Serve the falafel while its warm with pita, and drizzle the tahini sauce on the falafel. Or do it like my son, he basically dip his falafel sandwich in the tahini sauce. Or go crazy and serve it with some fries!


Comments