Something warm for your soul

When we just moved here, I don't know anybody except the house cleaner from the service apartment. Well, I tried not to make any friends, I'm scared that I will feel sad just like when we left Qatar. I missed my girlfriends and to the familiarity that I had over there.

And it took me almost 2 months before I make a contact to a friend's friend, . She asked my why it took me so long to called her, my answer - I just don't feel fit in here. Don't you just hate being a New Kid in Town? That's how I felt before. Thanks to Jamaliah, I started to have a circle of friends here and that's including my classmates in my arabic class, the circle are getting bigger too! Hey if you reading this ladies - Marhaba!

After few months in the service apartment, the company decide that we should move to a house, why not, for a first time our kids will live in a house with a proper backyard, where they could go out and play. So far they didn't do any, maybe because of the weather too.

I don't know much about my neighbours here except one Burmese lady, Thuza, she live not too far from ours. Her kids took the bus with mine. She's very lovely lady and make me feel welcome in this compound.

I taught her to make some macarons which by now she's a pro...I'm so proud of her..Last week, she invited me to her place. When I came in, the smell of baking stuff filled in the house..yummy..she must be making some macaron and it's true..

While we chatting, she was busy preparing something too...she told me that we are having some soup. A typical Burmese soup. Hmm..I loving this moment...She show me the soup that she prepared and told me that we will eat very soon. She must be reading my mind, I'm so hungry!

The basic ingredients for the soup are onion, garlic, paprika, fish sauce, soaked mung bean vermicelli, black mushroom, soaked lily flowers, soy bean sheets and some chicken meat. The soup were served with some chopped coriander, quarter of lime, sliced onion and chopped chili.

First impression, very light ohh and the smell...I can imagine seeing myself in Burma though I never been there.

I told her that I should try to make this very soon for hubby (and me) as I'm sure he will love it. And as promised, I did the soup today. Maybe mine won't be as tastier as hers but at least it does look similar..I will wait for the verdict tonight.





Burmese Noodle Soup
Ingredients:
1 onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 chicken breast, sliced thinly
2 tbsp paprika
1 bowl of soaked black mushroom }
1 bowl of soaked mung bean vermicelli } washed and drained
1 bowl of soaked soy bean sheets }
1.5 litres of  chicken stock /water
2 tbsp of fish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
3  tbsp vegetable oil for frying
Garnishing:
Chopped coriander/cilantro
Sliced onion
Lime quarters
Chopped chilli
Heat oil in a large pot, saute onion and garlic until onion become translucent, add paprika and chicken meat. Stir for few minutes.
Add chicken stock, fish sauce, mung bean vermicelli, mushroom, soy bean sheets, salt and pepper. Cover and let it boil for few minutes.
Serve the soup with the garnish.

Thank you Thuza for the recipe..

Comments

  1. the 1st time I moved to the country, i have nobody to talk to except the other half for 1st 6 months. being a social animal me, it pretty much drove me up to the wall .. hahaha.. but again, after all the society-locomotion, I guess you would've known what I am wishing for hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Akak Cun, sometimes too many frens also can make you headache. There are some days i just wanted to lock myself in the house and not meeting anybody

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment