Still summer?

Are we still in summer mama? My boy asked me innocently this morning. Why? I asked him back. It's still warm outisde, I'm still sweating, he replied while eating his quartier de pomme.

It's true, though we are finishing the month of October very soon, the weather here in Abu Dhabi are still warm but minus the humidity. It's more bearable to walk outside without feeling like you going to melt the moment you get out from the house. My little ones play more outside now compare a month ago.

Back to the conversation, while I'm peeling the apples for the compote, he asked me again, do you think it will snow here in Abu Dhabi?  I look at his face, and smile, asking him back..what do you think? He give me a cheeky smile and left.


Apple Compote

Ingredients:
1 kg apples
1 glass of water
Sugar ]
Cinnamon ]    optional - I didn't add any

Washed apples, peeled and quartered. Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cover, and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely.

Comments