Majid Satay

With a permission of the blog owner, Kak Jee, I would like to share the recipes of my favourite stall food. The last time I ate satay was last year, when we were back in Malaysia for our summer break. But every where we went to had our satays, I know something is missing. I don't know what it is.

There's so many satay stalls but not even one can beat Satay Anika, situated in Bukit Bintang. Closed years ago much to my dismay, only to discover the family of  this restaurant operates in various part of KL, I assume. I loves everything there. Even dear hubby got a chance to tried their satay. So just imagine how long back it was. And I feel very old now when thinking back those years...

Those who can read malay, I suggest to go this site to learn more about Majid Satay : http://www.dapurkakjee.com/2011/03/152-satay-dan-kuah-satay.html.
Kak Jee, I really appreciate it, the end result are so delicious and I will definitely making it again.

Chicken Satay and Peanut Sauce

Ingredients for the Satay:
600 g chicken meat
1 cup of sugar
2 lemongrass
2 tbsp peanut, roasted in dry pan
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp tumeric powder

Clean the chicken and cut to small pieces. Pound finely the lemongrass & peanut. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and marinate for at least 2 hours.

 Weave the chicken in the skewer, grill the satay over glowing coals or grill machine. Turning often so that it won't get burn (which happened to us, unfortunately) and the chicken has caramelised.




Ingredients for Peanut Sauce:
600g skinless peanut, roasted in dry pan
5 large onion
3 tbsp of paprika (original recipe called for 1/2 cup of blended dried chili)
1 cup gula melaka
1 cup cooking oil
2 cups water
Salt to taste

Soak the roasted peanut with water for at least 20 minutes, (don't throw the water, use it to blend the peanut), ground finely until it become a smooth paste. Keep aside.

Slice thinly onion. Heat oil over a medium heat, add onion. Fry it until it soften, add paprika, fry it until fragrant and oil begin to separate, add peanut paste. Add water, let it simmer in a lower heat for few minutes, stir well, bring it back to boil and add the gula melaka and salt. Add more water if needed.


Serve satay with the peanut sauce, cut cucumber and compressed rice cake.



Comments