Savoury Macaron

It look more like a sandwich mama...that's what little missy told me when she saw the mac. My first ever savoury kind of mac. I was bit sceptical about it, but after loads of persuasion, i said to myself that I should give a try.

Taste wise, need to improve bit more as I can taste the sweetness of the shell and not too strong taste from the filling. I used ricotta cream cheese, tomatoes and basil. A bit like eating a sandwich.

Note to myself : I should wait until the mac to mature first before I gobbled down...

Are you convince to give it a try?


 Tomato, Basil and Ricotta Cheese Macaron

Ingredients for basic shell : here
* a tsp of sweet paprika for colouring

Ingredients for filling:
1 cup of ricotta cheese
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped/shredded basil
Salt and pepper

Mix all the ingredients and pipe the filling on the shell. Keep in the fridge for at least 4 hrs. Take out the macaron 20 minutes before serving

Comments