A Visit to Abu Dhabi Market

After a breakfast this morning, other half asked me, what I wanted to do today. When I told him there's a place I would like to go, he said..exist in Abu Dhabi? Duhhh...

This stall, called Ripe ME, selling organic, local and farm fresh vegetables. The stall open every weekend, situated behinf the Park Rotana Hotel, near the Khalifa Park. We bought our small box of veges, cost us 80 dhs and a big one are 130 dhs, which includes tomatoes, beetroots, daikon, cucumbers, aubergines, sweet pepper, green beans, zuchinni and mushrooom. Enough for few days and the moment I saw the contains, I know what I'm going to do, it would be ratatouille, mushroom sautée, green beans salad and cucumber, tomato and beetroot salad. Still got to find out how to serve or eat this daikon though.
The veges look so nice, and hopefully we could go there again to get our weekly supply.




Our box laden with all the fresh veges

The market are quite small, with other stalls selling some homemade jewelleries, chirstmas cards, cakes and biscuits, soft toys and many more.

Our friend Soha too was there, her table selling handmade soft toys. It was their first time participate for this market. I wish her well for adventuring in the business...good luck Soha


Kabkoob Handicrafts

We had a good time chatting with a couple, their stall selling products from Italy. From dried pastas, olive oil, spread and dip to pastry. And of course we got to taste it too. It's delicious and very good.

Bruschetta Mix, I'm highly recommend this

Virgin Olive Oil

Garlic Pickle,
I didn't try it but hubby did and he told it's good as he can't taste the garlic at all..good for him

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Nanni Sweet Pastry

The owner of Made In Italia stall, Marilena di Coste
tel: 00 971 50 1409113

Some of their products can be found in Jones the Grocers in Abu Dhabi..

Thanks to you both for taking time answering our questions..


Comments