Very passionate kind

Naaaaa...not talking about anybody actually, just something dramatic to introduce my new tested and tasted macaron. Of course I'm talking about the Passion fruit..hehehe

It's been long time I wanted to try this recipe, and only last week I got to make it as I found some passion fruits that wasn't tooooo expensive.

The basic recipe of the mac shells stayed the same, and for the filling I just use a basic butter cream recipe and instead of adding fresh milk, I add the passion fruit purée.

Verdict, just like eating ice cream in summer, very tarty and fresh though the photo is a bit dull, believe me, the taste are unbelievable delicious.

Passion Fruit Macaron

Ingredients for basic shells: here
* add few pinch of yellow colouring or do like me, I add few pinch of stale tumeric powder

Passion Fruit Butter Cream Filling
160 g butter, softened
280 g icing sugar
4 tbsp of passion fruits purée
1 tbsp extra of passion fruit pulp

Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer on a medium speed, add sugar little by little and turn mixer to a slowest speed, mix it until sugar has been incorporated with butter. Add the purée and the pulp, mix again for few more minutes.


Comments