Kimchi Fried Rice

After almost 5 days away from home, hubby came back on friday night from South Korea. He brought along with him the famous Kimchi. He told me that he found this in the airport duty free shop. He tried some when he was there but not too keen with the taste of this condiment, he would prefer to eat it warm or in dishes. He asked me if I could add it in something. Of course I told him..I'm good at googling recipe by now..




Then I remember few months back, a friend in Facebook talked about making her own kimchi for fried rice. That give me idea, and easy one too. I found the simplest recipe in the net and told hubby about it..bon, on y va alors.

The recipe called for bacon, but I replace it with prawn as that's the only one I have in the fridge, I don't feel like thawing some chicken or beef. And I doesn't want anything too strong to take over the taste of the kimchi. It has to be the guest star in this recipe. And I will make sure it will..


Kimchi Fried Rice
Ingredients:
2 bowls of cold rice (cooked the day before)
2 cups of chopped kimchi
2 tbsp kimchi juice
1 cup prawns, deveined
1 tbsp sesame oil
Black pepper & Salt
Fried Egg (optional)
Sesame Seeds (optional)
Chopped kimchi into small pieces. Reserve juice.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add prawn and kimchi. Sauté for few minutes until nice and tender.
Add rice and combine them with the kimchi mixture, add the juice to moisten the rice. Continue to stir for few more minutes.
Turn off heat, add sesame oil, salt and pepper.
Serve with fry egg and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of the fried rice.



Comments