TGIF

That's mean one thing:  Thank Goodness I'm Fabulous...Oh Hang On...you know what I want to say..

This going to be a quick entry, just wanted to share with this recipe, Homemade Nachos Cheese Sauce. Try it, you will never buy from the shop anymore..believe me. Even my picky eaters love it.


Homemade Nachos Cheese Sauce

3 tbsps butter
2 tbsps onion, minced
2 tbsps green chile, chopped (I didn't put any)
2 tbsps tomatoes, chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsps flour
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used light cream)
1 cup buttermilk (I used greek yogurt)
50 g cheddar cheese (original recipe called for Jack Monterey, but hey Jack, you weren't there..)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper

Melt butter over low heat, add onion, green chile if using, tomato, turmeric, paprika and cayenne pepper. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, until onion soften.

Add flour, continue to cook on low heat for another 2 minutes. Add cream, 1/2 cup of buttermilk and cheese, stir until cheese melts. Add in the remaining buttermilk a little at time. Let it simmer about 10 minutes.

Transfer the sauce to a blender/food mixer and pulse until completely smooth, stream in the olive oil and continue to blend.

Serve with chips and pickled jalapeno.

Original Recipe : Homemade Nachos Cheese Sauce

 
 
So this conclude...I Will Never Ever...buy from shop again...Sorry Taylor, just can't stop...


Comments