Homemade always the best

Before I bought the KA (KitchenAid) machine few years back, I always said to myself, once i got it, I will making loads of my homemade pasta. Hearing that, of course dear hubby are so happy and hoping to eat lots of it. He even requested me to make him tons of ravioli. Of course, I would, promise..

Once I got the machine, I could count with one hand how many time i made the ravioli for him. Poor hubby, luckily that he didn't took the machine away to show his protestation against me..LOL nor I could imagine him doing that.

After a very long wait (the last time I did some was last year...I'm a bad wife), I promised him I will make THE Ravioli for him tonight..


Mince Meat and Mushroom Ravioli in Mushroom Broth


Basic Pasta Dough
400 g flour
5 medium size eggs
Salt

Add eggs, flour and salt to the mixer bowl. Use paddle attachement and mix for 1minute. Switch to the dough hook and knead for 2 - 3 minutes.

Hand knead for additional 2 minutes, let the dough sit for 20 minutes.

Filling Ingredients:
100 g minced meat
1/2 cup mushroom, chopped
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying

In a skillet, heat oil. Add minced meat, onion, garlic, mushroom and parsley, season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stir to brak up the lumps until the meat is cooked and onion is tender and liquid evaporated.

Scrape the mixture into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Scrape the filling into a bowl and let it cool.

Mushroom Broth
500 g mushroom (I used white and brown mushroom) - clean and slice thinly
1 large onion, peeled
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 chicken cube
1 liter water
Salt and pepper to taste

Put all the ingredients in a pot over a moderate heat, bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat, let it simmer for about 1 hour.

Pour the broth through a fine strainer into a heatproof bowl.


Preparing the ravioli manually:

- Take the dough out of the mixing bowl and place on counter. Ball up the dough and knead so that the dough is well mixed.

- Dust a rolling pin with flour, roll out about 1/8 inch thick.

- Use a round cookie cut and cut out circles. 

- Place one tablespoon of the mixture on each circle and fold into half. Press to seal the edges.

- This is how I make using my KA ravioli maker:



To serve:
Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli one at a time for about 5 minutes or until they float. Take the ravioli out of the water with a slotted sppon and place on plates.

Pour the hot broth over the ravioli and sprinkle with some chopped parsley.

Buon Appetito!

Comments

  1. oh i love ravioli. made it once sans KA (makan pun berdua ajakan). boss kata sedap but he said tak payahlah buat lagi, tghmlm baru siap .. ahaks..spoiler la boss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pun dulu buat without KA, time tu kat france, mana ada fulus nak beli KA. Memang merana nak rolled out the sheets. Semalam took me about 1.5 hr, time makan i dah flat out, tengok ravioli ni pun i dah takde selera.hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. u punya ravioli comei2 cali. kalau u tgk my ravioli tu, laki i cakap makan 3 pn dah kenyang. masing2 besaq tapak tangan. i will definitely make it again. teringin jgk nak KA, kat sini tak la mahai sgt pun tp tulah gadget2 kitchen ni napsu ai semata2. guna skali dua lepas tu ..harammm tak sentuh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya Allah, dapat dibayangkan betapa besarnya ravioli tu..hehehehe.

    Hari tu my friend kat Michigan pergi junk sale (lebih kurang macam tu le), dia jumpa KA machine 2nd hand for 30 USD sekali dengan basic attachement. Murah gila. Kat sini semuanya mahal, ingat hari tu nak beli KA punya sorbet maker sekali tengok kat sini double price than france. Baik i tunggu balik sana. You rajin masak & baking what, kalau beli mesti berguna punya. I dulu pun takut jugak jadi macam tu, nasib baiklah at least twice a week mesin ni mengayuh, berbaloi lah jugak

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment