I had one too many

Just before go to bed last night, I told hb that I don't feel like doing anything domestic today ie : ironing, cleaning, cooking. I really don't feel like domestic goddess. And he look at me and give me the puzzle look..hehehe I know how to be dramatic. And even if I don't do it, it will still be there, waiting for this goddess to raise her magic wand.

So to enjoy my day off, I head to ADNEC - that's for Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center. Three exhibitions going on and only two are open to the public. Too bad, I really want to go to the one that are closed to public, it's about foods exhibition and this year Turkey being honoured.

While passing in front of the hall, the sweet spices lingering in the air..I'm full of jealousy to put it nicely. Well, in my next life maybe.

I reached my final destination, Date Palm Festival, paid my entrance fee and I can see loads of dates - everywhere and in all kind of forms.

My first stop, dates from the region, Liwa, nice, sweet and surprisingly good. I always have this bad memory of eating dates when I was younger, not that good. Only when dear hubby introduced me this Deglet Nour, a type of date from Algeria, I start to eat it and like it, le reste c'est de l'histoire...






Click here to view in my Picasa album : Date Palm Festival

I'm off the dates until the next festival...

Comments